INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE
Thank you for visiting our website (the “Website”). Music Africa is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSINAL INFOMATION DOES MUSIC AFRICA COLLECT?
The types of Personal Information that we may Collect includes information necessary to provide our Content and Services. This may include personal information which contains identifiable information such as (amongst other things) your first and last name, screen name, profile pictures, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, details about your telephone device (e.g. mobile phone) and your telephone service provider and if you are a member, information related to the method in which you pay the membership fees (“Personal Information”).
We may also Collect other information, including your interests, preferences, purchasing behaviour, transactional information, geographical location (which could include various technologies that determine your actual location, such as geographical data from your mobile device (GPS or IP location)) and demographics (e.g., age, gender, and income information).
We may on occasion combine Personal Information we receive online with other records (such as those from telephone or completion of membership application forms) to develop a membership profile relating to you.
We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Information we Collect to only that to which you consent (for example, in the context of online membership registration, message boards, surveys, polls, receiving newsletters, SMS and other mobile services).
When you visit our Website, our web server also automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregate and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
We may also use “web beacons” that monitor your use of our sites. Web beacons (or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the web beacons appear, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the types of browser that fetched the web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML
capable e-mail, web beacons let us know whether you received and opened our email. On their own, cookies or web beacons do not contain or reveal any Personal Information. However, if you choose to provide us with Personal Information, it can be linked to the anonymous data stored in the cookies and/or web beacons. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, if you prefer, you may adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Additionally, by setting your web browser to display HTML emails as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons. However, please note that certain areas of our sites can only be accessed in conjunction with cookies or similar devices.
We may passively collect some of your Personal Information from the mobile device which you use to access and navigate through our Website, using various technological means, for instance, using server logs to collect and maintain log information. The information which we may passively collect from your mobile device may include your identifying information, contact details, device and device event information, site activity information, log information, telephony log information, location information, unique application numbers and any other information which you permit us, from time to time, to passively collect from your device.
HOW SO YOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide Services or Content you request (e.g. send you by email or other electronic means our newsletters or other services in which you express an interest);
- allow you to participate in recreational activities on the Website(e.g. participate in our message boards), to organize or carry out educational or promotional activities, games or promotional events;
- inform you of changes made to our Website;
- inform you of content, services, promotions, offers and competitions which you may find interesting;
- respond to any queries you may have;
- develop a more direct relationship with you for the purposes described in this section;
- develop your online membership profile, if you are a member;
- understand general trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing strategies for our services and educational content; and
- for security, administrative and legal purposes.
Where you choose to receive mobile services and content via SMS, MMS and other mobile services, we use this information to deliver such mobile services and content to you, to carry out market research, to track sales data and to plan other promotional or educational activities which may be of interest to you.
WHAT ABOUT ERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE?
WILL MU PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED FOR MARKERING PERPOSES?
If we obtain your prior express consent, we may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- promoting our services and on behalf of other members of the Music Africa;
- marketing upcoming events and services on behalf of selected third parties which are in accordance with our vision and goals and provided that you have agreed to your details being passed onto third parties.
You are entitled to request that we desist from using your Personal Information for the purposes of marketing, and we will provide you with the necessary functionality for you to do so with ease, each time we market to you.
HOW WILL MUSIC AFRICA STORE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We store your Personal Information on our servers in South Africa, Ireland, Germany, USA & Amazon Web Services Cloud. We may also or alternatively store your Personal Information on and transfer your Personal Information to a central database located in any of the beforementioned countries. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATUON BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE?
HOW CAN I FINS OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION MUSIC AFRICA HOLDS ABOUT ME?
We may have an official application for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android, available for download. To check if we have official application please visit our Website.
Our official application may access information from user’s Social Media accounts once they give us permission to do so whilst using the App-related functionality of the application. Once permission is granted, our application accesses a user’s friends list and location only.
Our Facebook page may access information from your Facebook accounts once you give us permission to do so. Once permission is granted, the application accesses a user’s name, gender, birthday, locale, email address and spice result.
USE OF THE WEBSITE BY CHILDREN
This Website is accessible to all ages. We do not employ any way of blocking access to children under the age of 16. We require parents or competent adult to enforce restriction what their children are allowed to access on the Internet. We require children between 16 and 18 to consult with their parents or a competent adult (eg teacher) before providing Personal Information. We also encourage parents to supervise their children’s online activities by, for example, adopting parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other Personal Information.
We encourage parents to talk to their children about the use of the Internet and information they disclose to websites.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR PWRSONAL INFORMATION
- Right to object. You may on reasonable grounds object to us using your information. If you object, we will stop using your information, except if the law allows its use.
- Lodging a complaint. If you believe we are using your information unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator with the following contact details: The Information Regulator (South Africa)
316 Thabo Sehume Street
Tel: +27(0)12 406 4818
- Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place upto-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we Collect online.Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We are committed to implement appropriate technical and other security measures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Third parties, like payment gateways, may collect your payment details via our website to ensure that you transact securely with us. Only the gateway provider will store and process these details, they are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Security breach. We will report any security breach to the Information Regulator and to the individuals or companies involved. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your information, kindly notify us by sending an email to email@example.com
While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
HOW CAN I COUNTACT MUSIC AFRICA?